Indirect Category Buyer
Premier Partnership have an excellent position for an Indirect Category Buyer in Doncaster.
Premier Partnership, an award-winning business, has just gained significant advantage within the apprenticeship market. Premier Partnership are currently undergoing significant internal change to ensure that they maintain that market leadership and have created the exciting new role of an Indirect Category Buyer (ICB) within the newly created Indirect Procurement Team.
Overall Job Purpose
The role of Indirect Category Buyer is responsible for strategic procurement operations within the Indirect Procurement Team, responsible for a range of spend across various categories.
As Indirect Category Buyer you will be accountable for:
• The delivery of multiple strategic sourcing events within your portfolio
• Working with key stakeholders to understand and challenge demand
• Setting sourcing strategy and delivering events from market engagement through to award, inclusive of supplier management.
Attributes required for the role of Indirect Category Buyer
As Indirect Category Buyer you must have the ability to demonstrate and replicate the company principles, these being:
• Teamwork above all else
• Quality and excellence first time and every time
• Deliver on the promise to Premier Partnership customers
• Always ask ourselves ‘is there a better way?’
• Think profit in everything the company does
• Share and celebrate success
Key Accountabilities as Indirect Category Buyer
• Set the category standard for an assigned indirect spend category according to business needs
• Negotiate framework agreements for relevant category
• Manage Supplier performance
• Improve service, quality, and cost level of existing supplier base
• Manage end-to-end procurement across indirect categories for the organisation
• Run and manage full life cycle of tender processes
• Own list of preferred suppliers for an assigned category, inclusive of KPIs and SLA’s
• Create Vender ratings
• Undertake all competitive sourcing activity and market research necessary to achieve cost efficiency and contract coverage targets
• Managing specific procurement projects such as competitive tendering exercises
• Engaging and leading stakeholders an assist in the development and implementation of e-commerce solutions for tendering
• Complete supplier evaluations via observations
Knowledge & Skills
To be successful for the role of Indirect Category Buyer with Premier Partnership you must have:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in indirect procurement and/or CIPS or equivalent qualification essential
• Enhanced and evidenced negotiation
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Resilient personality with a proven track record of influencing and gaining buy in across a range of levels and departments
• Self-motivated to set and deliver on both personal and business objectives
• Process driven in following good Buying practice
• Flexible with UK travel to visit suppliers where needed
• Completion of tenders
Premier Partnership are offering a salary of £25,000 to £28,000 per annum depending upon experience.
How to Apply
Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart are the retained consultancy for Premier Partnership. Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, we may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Procurement, supply chain, buying, category management,
Apply for Indirect Category Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly