T1/T2 Technical Customer Support Professional/Engineer
Fancy catapulting your career to different heights with Business & Public Sector Customer Services team?
Business and Public Sector is right at the heart of the UK economy providing cutting edge communications and IT services to around 900,000 business customers across the UK and Republic of Ireland. Right now we're looking to grow our team of Tier 1 and 2 Technical Customer Support professionals within our Managed Customer Services (MCS) team in Barlborough. You'll join a diverse team of high performing technical and customer service experts, working on some key high profile, revenue generating customer contracts.
Who we are
The MCS team are part of a UK & Ireland Customer Service team in Business and Public Sector and we organise ourselves around the needs of our customers. We support and deliver the IT needs of large multi-million pound contracts and our ambition is to deliver a personal, simple and brilliant service which is effortless from the moment our customers place an order, through to how we deliver that order, keep their service connected, right through to billing. We have a history of supporting large scale sporting events such as London 2012 and 2015 Rugby World cup.
You'll find us just minutes from M1 junction 31 - easily accessible from Sheffield, Chesterfield, Worksop, Derby, Rotherham and Doncaster. Our offices are bright and modern and within walking distance from local cafes and restaurants. Plus, there are major supermarkets and retail outlets within a 5 minute drive.
What you'll do
Working as part of a team, you'll deal with incoming telephone and email service requests & incidents, ensuring that all are logged and vetted, diagnosed and/or processed so that they meet with contractual Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
Aligned to ITiL support teams you'll be responsible for:
- Making sure that reported faults and service requests are responded to in line with SLAs.
- Providing an effective, professional response and solution(s) to reported problems.
- Maintaining relationships with interfacing business functions and IT departments.
- Restoring normal service to the user as quickly as possible.
- Offering general guidance and advice to users.
- Achieving maximum personal KPIs and Call Quality objectives.
- Assisting the team in achieving set targets such as First Contact Fix and Average Call Duration.
- Taking ownership for personal development and strive to continually improve on existing skills in order to enhance performance within the job role.
- Being an advocate of World Class customer service.
What you'll need to be successful
- Strong interpersonal, communication and active listening skills.
- Articulate and methodical, analytical, numerate and literate.
- You are comfortable working in an environment where punctuality, working with cross functional teams and delivering exceptional customer service are in your make up.
- Business awareness; display a working understanding of the business environment, appreciation of business applications.
Although not essential, preferably you will have at least 6 months experience within the following:
- Knowledge/experience of ACD/CTI telephone system
- Remedy knowledge/experience
- Experience of Active Directory account, Exchange account and Windows Server folder administration
- Experience of general Microsoft Windows application support and installation
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications and Operating Systems in respect of dealing with 1st line user queries, requests and faults.
- Experience of remote diagnosis and fixes via RDP, VNC, Bomgar or other remote control systems
What we'll give you
Once you join us at BT, you'll open the door to endless opportunities. Not only will you be joining an ambitious organisation with a welcoming and collaborative culture, but you'll also receive world class training and development. We will motivate you to perform at your very best, help you deliver against your goals and develop your career. We focus on internal progression where possible and provide numerous opportunities to advance within the business where you can hone your skills in some of the leading technology products (eg) Cisco technologies, Agresso, Citrix, RES. You'll have an established, proven career path and will receive support with your learning through the BT Academy. You'll receive regular performance feedback and you'll have clear targets.
On top of the competitive salary, you'll also receive 25 days annual leave, discounted broadband, mobile and TV offerings, 50% of cinema tickets and access to lots of further discounts.
There will also be plenty of opportunities to give back to your local community by taking part in our volunteering events, including locally supported charity events. Or you could even organise your own.
At BT, we're creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We're happy to consider ways of working that will mean you can perform at your best. If you want to talk about working part-time or as a job share in this role, please apply and we'll do our best to get the balance right.