Plant Improvement Engineer / Factory Improvement Analyst
Job Title: Improvement Engineer
Location: Kings Lynn
Salary: £46,000- £52,000 per annum
The company combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. They are driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity.
Their integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, the company had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe.
The company has a job opportunity for an Improvement Engineer to be located in Kings Lynn United Kingdom.
The improvement engineer leads the plant level improvement process by gathering and analysing data, evaluating improvement opportunities, and implementing improvement projects at the King's Lynn Formulation and Packaging plants.
The improvement engineer provides input and leads execution of the Plant Specific Technology Plan, thereby closing local performance gaps, increasing Asset Capability
(AC), supporting product portfolio evolution, and execution of Business & Functional Strategies.
The improvement engineer is implicated at different level within Global Project Methodology (GPM), Six Sigma projects, Lean initiatives, Create Product Success and Modify & Improve Supply Chain projects.
This role will also provide packaging machinery technology expertise to the King's Lynn manufacturing site. The improvement engineer as an expert in packaging technology is supporting:
- Definition of packaging opportunities and implementation of MET in accordance with Global Packaging Technology Lead.
- Project teams as a Subject Matter Expert in packaging equipment design.
- Supporting plant operations with problem solving and troubleshooting related to packaging equipment.
The plant is a world scale production unit to formulate and pack final fungicide and insecticide products for the European, Middle East and African market.
The job aligns functionally and administratively to the EMEA Regional Improvement Leader.
- Assisting the Improvement Leader in identifying key measures by analysing plant performance data.
- Partnering with plant operation personnel to secure process data for identification of technology gaps, improvement opportunities, and project definitions.
- Coaching plant personnel on measurements and daily updates of technology performance / asset utilization data.
- Actively participates in plant level safety improvement program.
- Identifying and prioritizing plant improvements that are aligned to the Global Molecule / Technology Strategies, for input into Plant Specific Technology Plan.
- Owner of the asset TICA database, providing inputs and updates to accurately show the business and asset supported improvement activities.
- Championing the Plant Improvement Team and assuring proper set-up and use of global opportunity identification tools (Opportunity Tracking System, Idea Tracker, etc.)
- Validating improvement opportunities using global tools and assists in building the Plant Specific Technology Plan.
- Assisting the Improvement Leader to ensure implementation of Business-supported projects as identified in the Plant Specific Technology Plan.
- Assisting the Improvement Leader in the collection and analysis of data as necessary to validate that projects deliver performance objectives after implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical-, Process- or Mechanical Engineering.
- Packaging machinery engineering and mechanical engineering background preferred.
- Six Sigma knowledge and preferably Green-Belt Project Leader trained or certified.
- 5 year experience in Manufacturing and Engineering function.
- Experience in TICA and GPM is a benefit.
- Key competencies include technical skills and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Work during off-hours and weekends are sometimes required during plant turnarounds or on call duty.
- Candidate should be fluent in English.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company.
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings.
- Career experiences that can span different businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world.
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and attach your CV.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Plant Manager, Plant Supervisor, Plant Assessment Manager, Plant Improvement Manager, Factory Improvement Manager, Chemicals Manager, Plant Engineer, Plant Coordinator, Chemicals Plant Improvement Engineer, Chemical Station Engineer, Improvement Technician, Chemical Plant Manager will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Plant Improvement Engineer / Factory Improvement Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly