Finance Manager - Contracts
6 days left
- Flexible Hours
Are you interested in a role that requires you to use your commerciality as well as your core financial management skills? Do you want to work for a business that has a history of providing challenge to its people in order to develop throughout the organisation?
If you have answered 'Yes' to these questions then read on! The role of Senior Contracts Accountant is effectively a Finance Business Partner managing a specific account (in this case, one of our client's biggest) and leading a team of effective and highly motivated accountants.
The key responsibilities will include the following:
- Financial control for national contract
- Working closely with the Contract General Manager you will drive our client's contribution through savings against flex budget, operational performance and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop strong relationships with the customer - both operationally and within the finance function.
- Work alongside Site Managers to develop strong commercial awareness and an understanding of the budget and flex mechanisms.
- Develop budget and flex mechanisms to drive the company's performance and an enhanced understanding of the operation cost drivers.
- Manage, develop and motivate the finance teams.
- Embed meaningful management information reporting.
- Ensure customer and the company's weekly and period reporting is on time and is accurate
- Reporting and monitoring of key performance indicators
- Ensure the company's financial controls are in place and are adhered to
- Work in partnership with the HR team to ensure robust payroll processes and reporting mechanisms are in place.
What should you have/be:
- A Fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA).
- Have a demonstrable track record of external and internal stakeholder management
- Able to travel locally (within the region)
- Demonstrate drive, energy and a commitment to the continuous improvement of overall contract performance.
- Be inquisitive with a passion for challenging teams to drive performance.
- Be able to work under pressure whilst maintaining high standards.
- Must be flexible and respond positively and accurately to internal and external customer requests.
- Excellent customer relationship skills with the ability to develop good working relationships at all levels.
- Have excellent PC skills and be able to understand and harness IT and systems to benefit the operation.
- Be able to demonstrate previous relevant experience.
Our client is a class-leading logistics and supply chain solutions provider in the UK. Their clients come from diverse sectors and it helps it overcome all manner of logistics challenges they face. The business is multi-site with 1,000s of employees. You will be based from their offices in South Yorkshire.
For your skill, determination and talent you will be well rewarded: a base salary of between GBP55,000 and GBP65,000 with a competitive bonus scheme and a car (or allowance) plus other benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.