Apprentice Maintenance Technician
3 days left
- Full Time
Are you Technician looking for an exciting new challenge with a leading business as an Apprentice Maintenance Technician? If the answer is YES, we want to hear from you.
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Maintenance Technician to join our team in Peterborough, working 37.5 hours a week.
The Apprentice Maintenance Technician Role
The Apprentice Maintenance Technician will undertake an advanced apprenticeship as a maintenance technician, specialising in one of the following, instrument control / automation, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering leading to a nationally recognised qualification and accreditation. This will involve:
- To provide a monthly report of learning achievements; skills, knowledge and experience gained.
- Providing engineering assistance on site as required, and when instructed to do so by the supervisor/s.
- To successfully undertake and complete the Advanced Apprenticeship in the time allocated.
- To liaise regularly with the site supervisor and complete a learning portfolio.
- To perform the installation, repair, maintenance and calibration of equipment used across the Company’s Energy Recovery Facilities
- To play a key part in the engineering team providing vital operation and maintenance service for power generation and control equipment
The Ideal Apprentice Maintenance Technician
- Five GSCE’s including Maths and Science at Grade B and two further at Grade C or above
- A practical aptitude for engineering or technology
- Interest in power industry and in mechanical/electrical/physical equipment and networks.
In return for your hard work as our Apprentice Maintenance Technician, you will receive a competitive salary of between £10,658 to increase with completion of Apprenticeship scheme, as well as an attractive benefits package, working for a company that strives to be socially, economically and environmentally different.
If you have the skills and experience to become our Apprentice Maintenance Technician, we want to hear from you! Click APPLY!
Closing Date: 18th September 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.