Quantity surveyor - water and environment
Mott MacDonald is a global management, engineering and development consultancy. We employ over 16,000 people, delivering projects in 150 countries across Africa, Asia Pacific and Australasia, Europe, the Middle East, North and South America, and South Asia. But our clients and employees get the kind of openness, friendliness and personal commitment you might associate with a much smaller business.
The Advisory and Programme Delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from GBPmillion's to GBP20bn, through the Technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting, Education and Healthcare Management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
* degree qualified in a quantity surveying subject (or equivalent)
* MRICS/MCIOB qualified or working towards qualification
* proven skills and experience of delivering within a Cost Consultancy whilst managing high value contracts ideally within the environment and water or utilities industry
* proficient in using NEC forms of contract
* ability to build relationships both with internal management and externally with key client stakeholders
* experienced in making decisions and presenting findings back to the client and internal stakeholders
* experience of tender document preparation
* working knowledge of the preparation of valuations, financial statements and final accounts
We are currently looking for a quantity surveyor to join our team in Peterborough working on environmental and water projects.
As a quantity surveyor you will work in a customer facing environment, providing specialist quantity surveying advice to a range of internal and external clients across the environment and water portfolio.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- assisting in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services
- preparation of estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- provision of financial advice including the impact of inflation
- providing estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- preparation of standard documentation - reports, valuations, letters, financial statement
- preparation of tender and contract documents and participating in contract reviews relating to the contract with the customer
- analysis of tenders and preparing tender reports
- preparation of valuations and financial statements; re-measure as necessary and adjust variations
- assisting in the settlement of construction disputes and prepare and agree final accounts
- attending appropriate design team and progress meetings as and when required
Our Environment and Water portfolio is primarily a UK based business delivering project, programme and commercial management services to regulated water/wastewater clients and the Environment Agency.
Our work stretches across the entire project lifecycle, from pre-contract cost estimating and benchmarking to post contract QS services and commercial assurance. For project and programme management we deliver capital projects on behalf of our clients, both internal and external, that range from several hundred thousand pounds in value to major projects and programmes worth over GBP0.5billion. Additionally, we are the home of the cost intelligence service, a specialist team of data analysts and economists who provide expert advice across all sectors on inflation and indexation. We currently work with around half of the UK's regulated water and wastewater companies.