Assistant Project Manager
The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to join their team based in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. You will be on a full time permanent basis with a highly competitive salary of £21,521 - £30,583 per annum.
We are based in Nottinghamshire, England. We provide expert advice and creative solutions to manage the public safety and environmental issues from coal and metal mining. We have an ambitious 5 year plan to expand our services, providing advice and services to governments and public bodies in the UK and overseas.
The Environment team as a whole is responsible for addressing the issues of water pollution from abandoned coal and metal mines across Britain by developing new schemes and supporting the operation of over 70 existing mine water treatment schemes.
It's a vibrant and fast moving team with individuals from various backgrounds in civil engineering, contaminated land, highways, construction and the armed forces. Between us we can be working on over 40 projects at any one time.
We’re now looking for an Assistant Project Manager with excellent analytical and inter-personal skills to join our team. This is an exciting and challenging role within our Environment team. We're looking for an assistant project manager to help deliver refurbishment and new build mine water treatment schemes. Many of these schemes are in challenging environments with multiple stakeholders and constraints and will require innovative and efficient solutions.
Responsibilities of our Assistant Project Manager:
Joining the Projects team and helping to manage a portfolio of varied projects to remediate contaminated water from both coal and historic metal mines
- Taking some ownership and accountability for stages of project delivery
- Helping to manage and deliver an annual budget of GBP 5M
- Preparing project investment board papers to obtain funding
- Managing stakeholders and statutory bodies to obtain consents and permissions
- Working closely with our technical, operations, innovations and R&D teams to find the best solutions and maximise commercial opportunities for each scheme
- Identifying and delivering external opportunities, including developing tenders for new business opportunities
Qualifications and skills required to become our Assistant Project Manager:
- Experience of project management
- A relevant qualification (or working towards) for your area of expertise or able to demonstrate relevant suitable experience
- Budget, programme and risk management skills
- An ability to manage and prioritise a high-volume workload & multiple projects
- Experience in managing stakeholders
- Experience of managing consultants and contractors through the NEC suite of contracts
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- An open mind to find innovative solutions
- Commercial acumen and client management skills
Why join us?
When it comes to finding and keeping the best people, we make sure we’ve got plenty to offer you in return. We want our people to feel great about coming to work and we hope we give them every reason to go the extra mile. That’s why along with the scope to develop new skills and have an exciting and satisfying career, we also offer -
- Civil Service Pension Scheme - a new employee earning between £22,501- £45,000 will pay 5.45% of their Monthly Gross Basic Salary into their pension and we will pay 20.9% plus any contributions from the HMRC
- Generous holiday allowance of 27.5 days per year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexi-time - our core hours are 10.00am-12.00pm and 2.00pm-4.00pm but the hours either side can be worked flexibly. You can also earn an extra 6 days holiday a year through our flexi system
- Flexibility to work from home
- Family friendly initiatives, including a childcare voucher scheme
- Health friendly initiatives, including ‘Cycle to work’ scheme and an annual ‘MOT’ medical
- Free parking on site
- Free 24-hour counselling and information service for you and your family
As well as the great benefits and incentives, once you start, you’ll get an induction into the business and time to spend with our teams to find out everything you need to know about our journey so far.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Assistant Project Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!