Head of Commercial Operations - Qualifications & Training
Job Title: Head of Commercial Operations (Qualifications and Training)
Position: Full Time, Permanent
The organisation is the UK's Chartered body for the science and profession of occupational hygiene and a leading voice for worker health protection. Occupational hygiene is the scientific discipline that protects people against the wide range of health risks that can arise from exposures to hazardous substances or conditions at work. Their vision is simple; a healthy working environment for everyone. Through supporting their members and releasing their volunteering passion, the organisation aims to make a real difference to the protection of worker health.
The Head of Commercial Operations is responsible for the life cycle of qualifications and courses, right from identifying market opportunities, leading the development of teaching, learning and assessment materials, through to operational implementation and ongoing delivery. In order to achieve this, the individual will work closely with many stakeholders including industry experts, technical advisors and training providers and will be supported by a team of employees based at head office. The individual will have full budgetary responsibility for the qualifications business, and will be expected to deliver growth whilst also maintaining the high standards associated with the organisation's brand.
- Develop strategic plans for the Qualifications and Training business in order to ensure development and growth, by identifying market opportunities and compiling business cases for these, in order to add to the portfolio of qualifications and training.
- Build strong relationships (including supplier contract management) with external technical advisors, examiners, approved training provider and other societies all providing industry/technical expertise to contribute to the development and delivery of qualifications and training.
- Line management of the Qualifications and Training department employees in accordance with the organisation's HR policies, including responsibility for performance management and professional development.
- Oversight of day to day operations in the delivery of qualifications and training, ensuring that the portfolio of qualifications and training is delivered in line with the expected SLAs.
- Ensure adherence and improvement of robust quality assurance procedures, to comply with both internal external quality requirements.
- Overall accountability for the International Service Team, led by the International Services Manager, which provides secretariat services to associated societies and also manages the BOHS academic journal.
- Budgetary responsibility for the department, including drawing up annual budgets and monitoring progress on a monthly basis.
- Report progress against the strategic plan and to KPIs to the senior management team and Board of Directors on a regular basis.
- Participate in BOHS working groups and committees.
- Contribute to the overall success of BOHS in achieving its aims, working as part of the senior management team.
- Educated to first degree level or equivalent.
- Level 2 qualifications in English and Maths.
- Commercially savvy, with skills in business planning, financial modelling and risk management.
- Excellent verbal communicator with the ability to build strong working relationships/partnerships.
- Excellent written communicator, with the ability to compile reports and updates for a variety of audiences.
- Customer service orientated.
- Understanding of project planning methods and tools.
- Good negotiation skills, with ability to influence outcomes.
- Experience of developing teaching, learning and assessment materials and quality assurance mechanisms for qualifications and/or courses from level 2 to 7.
- Experience of developing online courses.
- Significant people management experience including performance management and professional development.
- Significant supplier/contract management experience, including reviewing agreement documentation.
- Experience of budget management.
- Experience of managing change.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
The company is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
Candidates with relevant experience or job titles of; Operations Director, Head of Operations, Head of Resources, Qualifications Manager, Head of Planning, Operations Manager, Awarding Body Director, Head of Qualifications, Training Development Manager, may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Head of Commercial Operations - Qualifications & Training
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly