Patient Transport Service Care Assistant
Arriva Transport Solutions Ltd (ATSL) are recruiting for a Patient Transport Service Care Assistant to join the team based in Chesterfield. The successful PTS Care Assistant will receive a competitive salary of £14,625 - £15,502.50 per annum.
Arriva Transport Solutions Ltd (ATSL) is a specialist transport business within the Arriva group offering bespoke services to meet specific transport needs across health and social care sectors. At ATSL we embrace the responsibility and challenges of providing a high-quality non-emergency patient transport service. The values we share with the wider Arriva group, of which we are a part, are at the heart of everything we do. These values ensure we put people first so that we can offer patients the care that they need and deserve. It is these values that ensure everyone at ATSL understands the important role they play in caring for our patients and that they receive the highest quality of care available.
Your duties as a Patient Transport Service Care Assistant would include:
- Helping patients out of their home and into the ambulance
- Planning your own workload to meet the needs of patients and make the most effective use of the time available
- Transporting patients safely, comfortably and in good time to their appointments
- Taking the patient home and making sure they are settled in before leaving
- Carrying out routine care of ambulance equipment and daily vehicle checks
- Keep an accurate records of journeys.
The people you would transport may be in very poor health. Some patients will be elderly, have physical disabilities or mental health problems. An important part of your work would be to show kindness and respect to often worried patients and their relatives.
You will often see the same people on a regular basis. Some of these people will be isolated and vulnerable, so a friendly personality is important.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience of the ideal Patient Transport Service Care Assistant are:
- Good driving skills (1 year driving experience in the UK with a full licence)
- A warm, outgoing and caring personality and evidence of a caring approach
- Empathy, with the ability to reassure anxious or worried patients
- Good spoken and written communication skills- must be able to complete paperwork accurately and clearly
- A strong sense of responsibility and a serious attitude to work- able to maintain patient confidentiality and have a smart and clean appearance at all times
- Good timekeeping and organisational skills
- The ability to work in a team and/or unsupervised
- Physical and emotional stamina
- Ability to work under pressure.
If successful in your application as a Patient Transport Service Care Assistant, you will take a two week training course in which you will learn moving and handling techniques, first aid, basic patient skills and safe driving techniques.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become the Patient Transport Service Care Assistant then please click “Apply” today!
Apply for Patient Transport Service Care Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly