Qualified Social Workers - Childrens's First Response or MASH Teams -
Socialwork 2000 are looking for 5 experienced Social Workers to join either the FRED (First Response and Emergency Duty) Team or MASH Team based in Godmanchester Cambridgeshire.
About the role:
MASH triage all new referrals and the First Response team complete all initial investigations which come through MASH.
The First Response Team is the first port of call for all front line cases and referrals. The successful candidates will be dealing with front line Child Protection issues, liaising with police on CP matters and various other contacts/agencies dependent on issue raised. Triaging cases on phone & on home visits where required, the successful candidates need to be able to make short and quick assessments and filter through the correct route to ensure the LA's process is as fast/smooth as possible. Must have at least 3 years Child Protection experience and have recent Child Protection training - manager is prepared to review this if a candidate has had 2/3 years solid experience within all above mentioned criteria. The team complete all initial child protection investigations coming through MASH.
The Multi agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) brings key professional together to facilitate early, better quality information sharing, analysis and decision-making, to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults more effectively. Within the MASH, information from different agencies will be collated and used to decide what action to take. As a result, the agencies will be able to act quickly in a co-ordinated and consistent way, ensuring that children and vulnerable adults are kept safe.
The first response role requires candidates to work 8am - 5pm or 11.30am - 8pm on a rota basis.
- 3 years post qualifying experience
- Qualified Social Worker BA/DipSW/CQSW or equivalent
- Current registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Must be a car driver
- Social Worker with strong Child Protection experience
- Ability to assess in a fast manner ensuring all aspects of CP are a main focus
- Strong Initial Assessment experience
- Experience in completing LAC stat visits, placement plans, Care plans and safety plans
Cambridgeshire are able to offer candidates the following additional benefits if they decide to join the team:
- An opportunity to be part of a developing multi agency service
- Modern working facilities with free parking
- Laptop and phone provided
- Training available - including IT training and workshops within paid work time
- Supportive team and access to free bite-size systemic training within paid work time
- It is a busy environment with lots of discussions about what we need to do, the pace is energising and there is a real opportunity to build relationships with colleagues from other disciplines to ensure that decisions made for children and their families safeguard and lead to good outcomes.
- There is a high level of support from management and a commitment to support with the development of staff through regular supervision.
- Pay rate: GBP28ph
- In-house payroll company that offers a full range of services from weekly pay to bookkeeping services
- Your own dedicated consultant who can guide you through the process and assist you each step of the way
Whether you are looking for your first, or next locum role, SocialWork 2000 are here to help you. However, if the time isn't right for you, but you have a colleague or friend (who is a qualified Social Worker) and is looking for a locum role, just refer them to us.
Step 1: for anyone you refer, we register, and we promote for work you will receive GBP50*
Step 2: for anyone you have referred and we place you will then receive a second payment of GBP50* on their first day of work.
Step 3: for anyone you have referred you will receive a third payment of GBP100* once they have completed a qualifying period of 375 hours of work.
Apply now or get in touch for more information; Call us on or email