The Coal Authority has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join their team based in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. You will be on a full time permanent basis with a competitive salary of £30,283 - £42,160.
We are based in Nottinghamshire, England. We provide expert advice and creative solutions to manage the public safety and environmental issues from coal and metal mining. We have an ambitious 5 year plan to expand our services, providing advice and services to governments and public bodies in the UK and overseas.
This is an exciting and challenging role within our Environment team. We're looking for an engineering Project Manager to help deliver refurbishment and new build minewater treatment schemes. Many of these schemes are in challenging environments with multiple stakeholders and constraints and will require innovative and efficient solutions.
Responsibilities of our Project Manager
- Joining the Projects team and helping to manage a portfolio of varied projects to remediate contaminated water from both coal & historic metal mines through the development of new schemes as well as the refurbish existing assets.
- Taking some ownership and accountability for stages of project delivery.
- Helping to manage and deliver an annual budget of GBP 5M.
- Preparing project investment board papers to obtain funding.
- Managing stakeholders and statutory bodies to obtain consents & permissions.
- Working closely with our technical, operations, innovations & R&D teams to find the best solutions and maximise commercial opportunities for each scheme.
- Identifying and delivering external opportunities, including developing tenders for new business opportunities.
Qualifications and skills required to become our Project Manager
- Experience of project management
- Experience of working on engineering / construction projects from conception to build
- Mechanical and electrical qualification or experience of working on pumping stations advantageous
- A relevant qualification (or working towards) for your area of expertise or able to demonstrate relevant suitable experience.
- Budget, programme & risk management skills
- An ability to manage and prioritise a high-volume workload & multiple projects
- Experience in managing stakeholders
- Experience of managing consultants and contractors through the NEC suite of contracts
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- An open mind to find innovative solutions
- Commercial acumen & client management skills
If you feel you’re the right candidate for the role as our Project Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!