Green Biologics Ltd (GBL) is an industrial biotechnology company with R&D facilities on Milton Park, near Abingdon, Oxfordshire, UK and a commercial bio-butanol plant in Minnesota, USA. Our primary aims are to generate advanced microbial strains through the use of proprietary genome editing methods, coupled with significant improvements in fermentation technology for the production of bio-chemicals from sustainable sources.
GBL has an opening for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the strain development team based at our Abingdon location. You will be responsible for supporting the work carried out by the molecular microbiology and fermentation labs in the UK, as well as generating microbial stocks for our commercial plant in the US.
Main tasks will include:
- Preparation and validation of freeze dried bacterial strains
- Assisting with routine strain screening
- Carrying out environmental monitoring
- Other general lab duties as required
Education and Experience:
- Minimum qualifications = A levels (or equivalent) in Biology and Chemistry related subjects. GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
- A degree in a biology related subject is preferred but not essential.
- Some experience of working in a microbiology lab is desirable, in particular media prep and aseptic technique, however full training will be provided.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A willingness to learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, including the ability to organise own workload
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and to adapt to changing priorities
Please send your application with a cover letter to highlight how you meet the competencies for the role and to state your salary expectations. Your cover letter will be used along with your CV to access your application.
Due to a high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(applicants from recruitment agencies will not be considered)