Facilities and Contracts Manager - Derby College
The Derby College Group is one of the leading and largest FE providers in the UK supporting over 26,000 learners and working in partnership with over 1800 employers each year. Our vision is to be inclusive, inspirational and innovative and our mission is to prepare individuals for the next phase of their lives.
We also boast one of the newest and most impressive estates in the country, with excellent learning facilities across several sites and as the group has worked hard to improve its financial stability, our estate and infrastructure is supported and maintained through in-house and sub-contracted provision delivered to the required standards and within budget.
This is both an exciting and challenging role for the right candidate with the complimentary values, attitude and leadership skills to play a key role in developing our Estates services and systems, in order to efficiently and effectively meet the needs of a wide range of stakeholders.
You will be responsible for providing operational supplier performance management for a portfolio of allocated contracts, with dedicated responsibility for the maintenance and services of work facilities, to ensure that they meet the needs of the organisation and its employees.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Satisfactory delivery of tendered provision
- Managing budgets to ensure cost effectiveness
- Reporting on performance against tendered provision and allocated budget
- Compliance with government regulations, environmental, health and safety standards
- Planned management of the Maintenance function, highlighting life cycling and assets replacement
- Lead, co-ordinate and supervise multi-disciplinary teams when required, including recruitment, appraisal and development of team members
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant experience from either a specific buildings/facilities route or professional construction
- The ability to demonstrate a high degree of commercial awareness and be an effective manager of budgets
- The ability to lead people and projects and build collaborative working relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of latest developments in Estates and Facilities practice
- Knowledge of Commercial/Educational Estates and Facilities
- A relevant level 5 professional qualification - BIFM/Building/Construction related
Closing date for applications: 13 th August 2017