Jerseywear Designer - Leicester
Jerseywear Designer - Young Fashions
An established Leicester manufacturer seeks an experienced Designer for fast fashion womens jerseywear. You will be responsible for designing trend inspired multi-product jerseywear, creating ranges for a leading retailer/ecommerce brand and helping the business to target new business opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to help establish an in-house design function within a manufacturing environment.
Jerseywear Designer - Young Fashions - Main responsibilities
- Seasonal research: trend predictions, catwalk, competitor market to identify key jersey styles for the season
- Sourcing and developing fabric and trims
- Design of multi-product jersey with accurate execution of design briefs in line with customer requirements
- Ability to source, and develop/manipulate graphics/prints for seasonal designs
- Attend buying meetings and collaborate with buyers on range requirements helping to drive newness and individuality
- Work with, and brief sampling team
- Monitor sample progress, liaising with the pattern room and production department
Jerseywear Designer - Young Fashions - Essential Skills
- Degree in Fashion Design specialising in Womenswear
- Minimum of 2 years experience designing womens jersey for the young fashion market working for either a supplier, brand or retailer
- Proficient use of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Good understanding of garment construction for jersey
- Ability to work effectively to critical path deadlines
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to -
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest