Associate Principal Pathologist, Drug Safety & Metabolism
Position: Associate Principal Pathologist, Drug Safety & Metabolism
Location: Cambridge, UK.
Salary: Very competitive with excellent benefits.
We believe science can change lives. Working at AstraZeneca means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on addressing the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to areas where we feel we can change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As a Pathologist in the Drug Safety and Metabolism department of AstraZeneca's Innovative Medicine & Early Development (IMED) unit, you will be helping to take new targets and molecules all the way from target idea to marketing and beyond. You will provide scientific leadership and will contribute to a broad range of activities from early discovery though late stage development. You will be joining an outstanding global team of Pathologists and will have the opportunity to participate in cutting edge drug development in a multidisciplinary environment with strong collaborative culture.
We are looking for a talented and versatile pathologist with experience in both experimental and toxicologic pathology to join our dynamic team in Cambridge. As a highly motivated individual you will be keen to support innovation and will seek to establish an area of individual specialist expertise.
- Assessing safety and efficacy of novel compounds
- Providing scientific leadership into design, implementation and interpretation of studies
- Primary evaluating of mechanistic and investigative in-house pathology studies
- Peer review of regulatory studies from contract research organizations (CRO)
- Communicating data and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- In vitro and in vivo disease model validation
- Supporting discovery research programs by providing a comparative and translational pathology view to projects, animal models and biomarkers
You will have:
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) plus residency or other specialty training in anatomic and/or toxicological pathology
- Board certified or board eligible (ACVP/ECVP or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous pharmaceutical industry experience
- Candidate with PhD or previous experimental pathology experience strongly preferred
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applications Open: 4th August 2017
Applications Close: 4th September 2017