R. Plevin & Sons Ltd have an exciting opportunity for a multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer from an industrial background to join our busy team at our site in Boston, Lincolnshire The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary of £13.45 per hour plus excellent benefits.
R. Plevin & Sons Ltd is one of the UK’s leading waste wood recycling companies and a manufacturer of animal bedding. We specialise in the recycling of all forms of waste wood and produce a range of sustainable products suitable for the panel board industry, biomass power plants and for use within animal bedding. With over 40 years experience, we have built an enviable reputation for service and quality.
As our Maintenance Engineer your duties will include:
- General maintenance
- Carrying out routine inspections
- Preventative maintenance and planned repairs on plant
- Equipment and mobile plant.
Key skills and experience needed to become our Maintenance Engineer:
- You will be a time served apprentice, trained with extensive an mechanical knowledge.
- Formal mechanical qualifications to a level NVQ3, BTEC or equivalent are essential.
- Electrical qualifications will also be advantageous.
- Previous experience of working with medium to heavy industrial plant is essential
- You will need to have a good knowledge of fault finding on mobile plant and other plant equipment.
- You will preferably have experience of maintaining mobile plant (FLT’s, loading shovels etc).
- You must be able to manage and prioritise their own workload effectively, as they will be working with minimum supervision.
The Maintenance Engineer role is offered on the shift pattern detailed below:
Shift A: 06:00 - 14:30, Monday - Friday
Shift B: 13:30 - 22:00, Monday - Friday
+ alternative Saturdays worked (06:00 -12:00).
Due to the nature of the work, you will be expected to be flexible with working hours.
As a family-owned business we offer a friendly, positive working atmosphere. In fact, many of our team members have been with us for more than a decade. We take great pride in our high staff retention levels and have a track record of hiring and nurturing young people.
In addition, we offer benefits including a company pension scheme and the opportunity to work towards professional qualifications.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference and play an integral part in the development of the maintenance function.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Maintenance Engineer please click ‘Apply’ now!
Plevin is committed to equal opportunities and aims to be an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Maintenance Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly