An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Buying and Merchandising team for someone with the drive and enthusiasm to realise the full potential of our Cookshop, Entertaining and Textiles and Laundry departments. The successful candidate will be an experienced buyer and preferably have experience of and / or a passion for one or more of the aforementioned product categories.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Delivering the planned sales and profitability of the departments by managing and optimising the brands through effective sourcing, selection and negotiation of prices.
• Driving and managing the departmental product, attribute and brand mix to ensure commercially-balanced range is delivered.
• Providing strategies for suppliers / brands within departments for approval of the Buying Manager.
• Negotiating with suppliers to secure the desired products and terms, and setting retail prices in line with Company policy.
• Analysing department product trends and feeding these into buying plans within agreed timelines.
You should be literate and numerate with the ability to analyse data, possess strong administrative skills, be capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines and able to work both on your own initiative and as part of a team.
Hours are 38.75 per week worked on 5 days out of 7 between Sunday and Saturday including regular weekends. You should be able to offer a flexible approach to working times and days, with the ability to work additional days if required.
Please quote reference A0801 when applying for this vacancy.
Applicants should complete an Oldrids application form and return it to their employer adviser at their local Jobcentre Plus. Application forms are available from http://www.oldrids.co.uk/Documents/PDFs/jobapp.pdf
Please note if you have not heard within 4 weeks of the closing date you have not been one of those selected for interview on this occasion.