Intake Team Leader
- Full Time
Our client is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of fresh and processed potatoes, meeting the broadest ranging needs of major retailers, food processors, caterers and wholesalers. They operate from 8 locations within the UK and also mainland Europe employing in excess of 900 people.
They are looking to recruit a Team Leader in their busy potato packing factory. If you have experience leading a team within a fast paced environment and can meet targets and efficiencies they would like to hear from you.
Working hours - 4 on 4 off shift 1800-0600
Reporting to the Intake Manager with responsibility for ensuring effective and efficient grading of product, loading and unloading of vehicles utilising the site storage plan. Accountable for performing store validations using the Navision 13 reconciliation systems. The Intake Team Leader will meet objectives by providing clear direction and leadership to the Intake team ensuring agreed KPI’s are met and their procedures, policies and guidelines are adhered to.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Allocates workload to staff giving clear instructions and providing all necessary paperwork needed, implementing GMP to ensure quick turnaround times at the beginning and end of each shift.
• Oversees the correct set up of graders ensuring screens and running speeds are adjusted as needed, carrying out process confirmation audits as required.
• Conducts relevant checks prior to, during and post grading ensuring correct temperatures, size and quality are within specification, reporting any issues to the Intake Manager.
• Monitors both graders and reports any breakdowns to Intake Manager and Engineering department in a timely manner.
• Drives safety and best practice throughout the Intake department by monitoring and engaging staff, ensuring company policies and procedures are clearly understood and adhered to.
• Positively encourages staff in understanding current and expected performance levels, whilst taking the lead in continuous improvement.
• Assists in mentoring Intake team members by providing support, information and training with a view to building an appropriate structure to enable cover in all roles within the department.
• Performs return to work and incident investigations where necessary recording accurate and relevant information on correct paperwork.
Please apply online for this Team Leader role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.