Engineering & Maintenance Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Are you an experienced Engineering and Maintenance professional looking for an exciting new challenge with a leading business? If the answer is YES, we want to hear from you.
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Engineering and Maintenance Manager to join our Peterborough team, working 37.5 hours a week.
The Engineering and Maintenance Manager Role
The Engineering and Maintenance Manager is responsible for develop the operational maintenance, asset replacement and resource plans that lead to increased plant performance and cost reductions. This will involve:
- Full responsibility for the up keep and maintenance of Peterborough ERF as specified by all suppliers’ recommendations, to maximise production and minimise breakdowns. To ensure all daily, weekly and monthly maintenance schedules are up to date in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Negotiate best prices for the purchase of further equipment with final approval of the Head of Engineering & Maintenance.
- Involvement in all management meetings pertinent to production and maintenance.
- Full responsibility of the purchase of spares and tools; this also includes monitoring the use of tools e.g. when they were used and by whom.
- Working closely with the Operations Manager to continually improve facility efficiencies.
- To ensure the site complies with all statutory requirements for safety and environmental issues
- Supervise all onsite contractors associated with maintenance. This will include ensuring all Health and Safety rules are adhere to e.g. method statements, risk assessments and signing in procedures.
The Ideal Engineering and Maintenance Manager
- Possession of HNC/HND in a relevant discipline.
- Significant experience working within a processing, manufacturing or similar environment
- Extensive maintenance management experience
- Experience in management of Computerised Maintenance Management System
- Full driving license.
In return for your hard work as our Engineering and Maintenance Manager, you will receive a competitive salary as well as an attractive benefits package.
If you have the skills and experience to become one our Maintenance & Engineering Manager, we want to hear from you. Click APPLY!
Closing Date: 14th August 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.