Based from offices in Cambridgeshire, Working for a global design, engineering and manufacturing company, the objective of this role is to manage the IT department to allow for the on time production of quality products and the delivery of all relevant support/information services across all sites.
This is a hands on role with direct responsibility and line management for the small IT function.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand all business processes and gather requirements and develop technical specifications for bespoke customisation that will be carried out by 3rd party that the IT professional will need to manage
- Candidate must come from a manufacturing environment and used to working in a small team.
- Candidate should be able to work autonomously, take initiative, and provide direction for the business on technological change and development of current and future processes
- Experienced with working with MRP essential (Material requirements planning)
- Experience of ERP systems, ideally within the manufacturing or engineering sector
- Project management experience
- Overall responsibility for the management of IT
- Define strategy for IT function alongside the wider business roadmap
- Managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems
- Contribution to reduction of total cost of ownership of information systems
- Develop capacity planning for whole of Information Systems
- Suggest and help implement improvements to whole Information Systems environment
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree qualified or equivalent in an IT or related discipline although equivalent experience would be acceptable.
- Experience specifically in Information Systems or a similar role.
- Experience of leading a small technically focused team.
- MRP / ERP experience
In return your will be offered a base salary of GBP45,000 -GBP55,000 + benefits. Based in Cambridgeshire.
For more information please contact Nick House at Robert Half Technology.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.