Health & Safety Officer
My client is looking to recruit and experienced Health & Safety Officer for their site in Huntingdon. You will be working within a small team where you will be expected to travel around the UK on a regular basis with impromptu visits to their sire and customer offices. There will also be some overseas travel involved but this will be on an ad-hoc basis.
- Carry out and complete Risk Assessments & Method Statements as and when required
- Assist Management in implementation, monitoring & review of the company WTSR
- Work with Management to satisfy the needs of our customers
- Travel to UK sites and customer premises including those in Scotland, England and Wales
- Conduct Site Inspections & Audits
- Support Management in ensuring compliance with UK legislation
- Support all departments within the company to ensure compliance with UK legislation
- Investigate & report (RIDDOR) incidents
- Advise Management in any perceived failings in any safety management systems
- Advise management on failings of employees and provide written reports when required
- Development of existing policies and procedures where necessary, in line with legislation
- Produce approved written procedures as part of a safe system of work
- Work with other international functions as required ensuring that the company's standards are met
We offer full training for this role, including overseas training with our parent company. We cover all travel expenses for this role including an overnight tax free allowance.
Skills & Qualifications required -
- NEBOSH Certificate required.
- Ideally 2 year's experience in a manufacturing or heavy industry environment
- Training experience would be ideal.
- Must be good with heights and physically fit as you will be expected to climb turbines.
- Excellent computer skills
- Full (clean) driving licence is required
A proactive, motivated, resourceful, team player is needed in this challenging and exciting position. Ability to stick to deadlines and finish work to the highest standard is required.
They offer a very competitive basic salary, a private pension scheme, private health care, friendly and helpful colleagues and fully paid accommodation whilst travelling, what more could you wish for in your new career? If you want to become a member of the future, now is the time to apply! Please send me your CV to find out more. Thank you.